Friday, August 14, 2009

All Things Random ...

I have been so behind on blogging. I have time to sit and read other's blogs, but I have had no energy to update my own. So, here are all the random things that have taken place in our little world lately.

Paxton turned ONE!
Yes, it was two months ago, but I neglected to blog about it. We had a great time celebrating his first year. My parents, my sister Sarah, and my nephews Josiah & Garrison helped him celebrate. He loves to eat, so he really enjoyed his cake.



Crape Myrtles
We had the most beautiful Crape Myrtle in our backyard in Lubbock. It was large and full and covered in blooms. I could view it from my living room windows, and it was one of my favorite things about that house. Well, last September Ken planted a couple of Crape Myrtles in the backyard, and they are BLOOMING! I am so excited about this; I can't wait for them to grow even larger and be covered in blooms.




Playgroup
We absolutely, LOVE our playgroup. Kennedy has made some really sweet friends through playgroup, and it is such a great age range. Both she and Paxton have friends their own age. We also, have been to some really fun places. Last week, we got to take a tour of Krispy Kreme Doughnuts. The kids got to go in the kitchen and see how all the doughnuts were made. And each child was given a chocolate dipped doughnut with sprinkles. Of course, I had to buy a few to take home as well :)


Preschool
This summer truly has gone by so quickly, maybe it's because I've been painfully aware that my baby is no longer a baby and that she will be starting preschool this fall. It's hard to believe that in two short weeks, Kennedy will be spending a couple of days a week away from me. She is super excited, but I'm having a harder time with it. I will definitely update on her first days experience.

















2 comments:

Laurie said...

Happy Belated B-day Paxton!! I totally love crape myrtles too! They are just gorgeous in bloom! We planted 3 last summer and have had a few blooms this year too. Can't wait for them to really grow!:)

Martha Jones said...

Looks like you guys have had a great summer! I feel the same way about Preschool. I can't believe that Marleigh is starting Preschool this fall. Time flies by so fast. Kennedy is going to have an awesome time, and it will give you some sweet one on one time with little Paxton.