Friday, March 18, 2011

Sweet Dreams

This is a bittersweet post for me, it's all about Paxton and his big boy bed. It is a sad and exciting time of transition at our house. A couple of weeks ago, we moved Paxton into his big boy bed. It has been an very easy transition for him, his crib has been in toddler mode since he was 11 months old so it wasn't much of a change. However, he has done much better at staying in this bed than he did his crib. I still have a few things I need to change to make it look less like a nursery, but I've got most of the baby things out. Ken wanted an OU themed room, but I couldn't find any Oklahoma bedding I really liked. So, I decided to use crimson and accent with OU. We have a few more OU pictures we need to get hung, but overall we are close to done for now. I'm going to take the sign down over the window and we have panoramic of Owen Field to put up there. That will be tough, we had that sign made for Kennedy's nursery and used it in Paxton's nursery as well. It reads, "The angels danced the day you were born".Ken's mom got Paxton this sign for Christmas. It is so cute! It is the Cowboy Commandments - Just One God, Honor yer Ma & Pa, No tellin' tales or gossipin', Get yourself to Sunday meetin', Put nuthin' before God, No foolin' around with another feller's gal, No killin', Watch yer mouth, Don't take what ain't yers, and Don't be hankerin' fer yer buddy's stuff.I've had this vinyl up for a while, but it needed something extra. So, I told Ken I wanted a frame around it and he made me one out of a decorative chair rail. I LOVE IT!And finally, my baby asleep in his new bed. He looks so tiny in there.

0 comments: