NOLA - Part 2
We ventured out again on day 2. First stop was the IMAX Theater to see Under the Sea 3D. It was really cool and Kennedy and I really enjoyed the 3D; Paxton would not keep his glasses on his face to really appreciate all the special effects. After the movie we headed over to the Audubon Insectarium, this was by far my favorite part of the trip. Basically, it was a bug museum - only really cool though. It had a Cooking Demonstration room where they created interesting dishes made with bugs. I tried to convince Kennedy to try one; I told her she could go back to school and tell her friends she ate a bug. At any rate, Kennedy never did try one, but I ate two trying to convince her to be brave. The first was a waxworm (I did ask what they eat and was told only wax), it was coated with cinnamon and sugar and tasted a lot like those cinnamon things from Taco Bell. The second was a cricket that was mixed into an herb dip, I ate that on a chip and it tasted just like herb dip on a chip. The chef had some chocolate chip cookies backing with some sort of bug in them, but Kennedy was not interested in staying in that room any longer. Another part of the museum that was really cool, was a 4D movie. It was really cute - it was a cartoon from the Bugs Life bugs. It had a lot of cute sensory parts to it. Kennedy's favorite part of the museum was the Butterfly room. She had a butterfly land on her hand, but when I tried to take a picture, she slipped and the butterfly flew away. It was a lot of fun. 












Insectarium
I can't believe Paxton is smiling, this exhibit was crawling with roaches. Eeek!
Hot pink grasshoppers :)
Creepy and BIG Black Widow Spider
Paxton was so nervous that this alligator was real.
Butterfly that flew off Kennedy's arm after she slipped.
Koi pond in the Butterfly Garden.
0 comments:
Post a Comment