Fantabulistic 50's
About a year and a half ago we changed churches, I never blogged about it at the time and I don't know if I ever will. But through this season of our lives God has been so faithful, as He always is. I absolutely LOVE our church for many reasons, but one of those is for how much emphasis they put on the family and nurturing the family. Kennedy and Ken attended an event this weekend, that was specifically designed to foster father/daughter relationships. It was so special for both of them and I'm so happy they got to go. God bless Ken, he has had one hard long week at work, but he left the house at 5 am on Friday, so that he could be home in time to take his little girl on their date. The theme was the Fabulous 50s and one of my very sweet students loaned us a poodle skirt that she had made many years ago. It was just so cute! Ken texted me pictures through out the night and I've included those below as well. They had a dance, hula hoop contest, bubble gum blowing contest, and more. At one point they were given paper to write notes to each other. Ken's was very sweet and I know Kennedy will treasure it always. Kennedy's note just cracked me up, it was just random words Baptism, Exit, The North Face, Dr Pepper...and then I realized she was just copying words that she spotted around the room. She cracks me up!!!!
These are the pictures Ken was texting me...
I about died laughing he sent this one! She is such a little nut!






1 comments:
What a great idea! Cute Father-Daughter date night! Sounds like a great church for you guys!!
Post a Comment