Thursday, March 04, 2010


That's When the Angels Rejoice...
We have some wonderful news to share - Kennedy asked Jesus into her heart last night. Of course, she did it in true "Kennedy form". Kennedy has been asking a lot of questions about Heaven, like who gets to go, what is it like, will Boomer be there, will we come back from Heaven... She has a picture of my Mime in her playroom and has asked about her and where she is, and then right after Thanksgiving, my dad's mom passed, so Kennedy's questions continued. However, when Gary and Sarah's twins passed, Kennedy really became interested in Heaven. One day a couple of weeks ago, on the way to school, I noticed Kennedy was very quiet, I asked her what was wrong. She began to cry and told me, she was worried about her Barbies being all alone when she went to Heaven. So, last night as we were preparing for bed, I asked Kennedy to go potty and she always wants me to stay and talk to her while she does her business. As she is ON the throne she tells me "Mom, I want God to live in my heart". I told her all she needed to do was ask Him and He would. She told me to cover my ears, and then she proceeded to scream, "JESUS, COME LIVE IN MY HEART!!!!" After she 'de-throned' I explained to her that we could just "talk" to Jesus like we do when we pray at bedtime or dinner; she then said a much sweeter prayer. After she was done, she asked if we could pray Jesus into Paxton's heart too; I explained that only Paxton could say that prayer. This morning when she got up she was worried that we were all going to Heaven but not Paxton. I had to explain that Jesus welcomes all babies in Heaven, which made her feel much better.

3 comments:

Martha Jones said...

So sweet! What wonderful news. It brought me to tears!! Congratulations, Kennedy! What a blessing you are!!

Shonda said...

This is a sweet and cute story!

Laurie said...

Way to go Kennedy! What a wonderful blessing...thanks for sharing!:)